aroma contemporary christian music lyrics
Ink and parchment with a bit of mustiness for good measure.
christian song called trying too hard
church hymns predictable chords
All of them. ‘Nuff said. BOOM!
does god honor groaning as way of worship?
Why yes he does. What kind of question is that? Have you not heard of the Christian Metal scene? He also accepts scream, yells and cries especially when set against de-tuned guitars with killer riffs.
harlem shake in bible meaning
The town of Harlemite was an ancient Israelite town which was destroyed due to something called the “shake”. People became obsessed with doing the “shake” and eventually everyone ran themselves out of town because of all the shaking. They decided to stop the “shake” but the town, sadly, was already gone. So they started a new town and this is the story of how Jerusalem was founded. Fact.
is john jacob jingleheimer schmidt out of the bible
Half of him is. John and Jacob are in there but Jingleheimer and Schmidt are oddly not to be found. If you had asked, “Is John Jacob Jehoshaphat Shemaryahu out of the bible?” The answer would have been yes, of course.
john piper hip hop
Yes John Piper does hip hop. He goes by the moniker MC Biblical Manhood Against Feminism and the Post-Modern World and is the manliest hip hopper out there. Also highly influential with other rappers, see here.
young cheesy christian girl band
A review of the month in music.
- Tod Machover is doing some interesting things with music from physiological to social.
- Lecrae is being reached out to by secular rappers because of his Grammy win.
- Pink Floyd, Simon and Garfunkel’s recordings added to Library of Congress.
- Two classic rockers took over the Billboard 200: Jimi Hendrix and David Bowie.
- Osvaldo Golijov, a Brazilian Jewish composers, made his own version of the Passion story. You can here his St. Mark Passion here.
- Prince is back.
- NPR’s Science Friday interviewed Nerdcore Rapper MC Frontalot and explored his complex relationship with technology.
- Interesting discussion between Questlove and David Bryne on which music should be celebrated in our culture.
- Not surprising anyone Radiohead’s “pay what you want” music program completely failed since no one paid.
- Beyonce released a new song and people are rightly upset about it especially after her empowering Superbowl performance (Warning: Video contains expletives)
- Lastly, Marcus Mumford is not a Christian but loves Jesus.
A review of the month in music.
- Beyonce ruled the Superbowl and had her own HBO special. The reaction to her halftime show was mixed. Was it expression of feminine power or playing into the sexual desires of men?
- Flavorwire presented us with 10 Christian Songs they felt do not suck. Do you agree?
- How do you explain our multi-dimensional universe? With music, of course!
- MC Hammer was arrested and suggested that he was racial profiled.
- Marco Rubio who gave the counter argument to Obama’s State of the Union address, loves 90’s rap. On the other hand, the soon resigning pope loves classical music, especially Mozart.
- A large tribute to musicals at the Oscars of mostly contemporary re-imaginings.
- Is the rock hiatus a sham? Flavorpill thinks it is.
- 80’s rocker Adam Ant talks about his bipolar disorder with Rolling Stone and his return to music.
- PBS Idea Channel thinks an mp3 or vinyl is better than a live performance. What do you think?
- Can the deaf experience music? The BBC National Orchestra thinks they can.
- EDM artist Al Wasler did not win a Grammy and this Spin contributor is thankful.
- My fellow Christ and Pop Culture colleague, Nick Rynerson, examines why Americana and Folk music have experienced a resurgence in recent years.
- We hate silence, even where silence is encouraged as in a classical concert.
- Which leaves us with this infographic describing what happens in our brain when we listen to music.
- But we almost forgot about the #1 single on Billboard’s Hot 100, Harlem Shake and the endless array of viral videos with the dance.